Call For Submissions: Transgressive Erotica

This is quoted directly from the blog, by Eden Connor:

Transgressive erotica is being targeted.
Corporate entities seek to suppress legal content. To limit where your imagination may go, and which piece of plastic your reader may use in order to follow.

The ‘Great Smut Purge of 2012′, instigated by corporate morality, has caused vendors to pull legal content from their digital shelves. There indeed may be titles among them with no redeeming value, titles that cross the line between legal content and illegal content. But shelved next to those are stories of merit and value, employing the same transgressional themes.

Like Lolita. Like The Beauty Series by Anne Rice. Like many of the ‘classics which have inspired you.

Like yours.

The challenge:
Transgress.
Write a story using any transgressional theme you choose.
Get as gritty as you need to to grind down to the pure truth of human sexuality embedded in your story.
Show the critics and moralists why your sub-genre deserves amnesty.

There will be no word limit. Any length story will be considered.
But make each word count.

Deadline for submission: May 28th, 2012.

Publisher: TBD
All authors with accepted stories will be asked to collaborate on title and cover art.

I think this is an exceptional challenge. Please consider submitting for it. It is incredibly important to be able to show the world that writing on transgressive themes is more than simply a tactic for a quick sale or a literary shock.

At its core, the power of good literature lies in its ability to take something we thought we knew about, something we thought we really understood, and challenge us to look again.

Themes such as bestiality, incest, rape and underage sex haunt the dark spaces of our culture and our minds. Often these are subjects that terrify and disgust us.  In the attics of our minds, these things grow into monsters, accreted other meanings, take on heavy semiotic cloaks. When we look at the things that scare and disgust us, we learn about ourselves and who we are more fully.

Please consider submitting a masterpiece for this one. Transgressive Erotica Call for Submissions.

Comments

4 responses to “Call For Submissions: Transgressive Erotica”

1. This is a hell of a gauntlet to throw down, and a great response to the recent censorship controversy. Will you be submittng anything, RG? Trangressive fiction seems like your bread and butter.

1. I sure hope I can write something worthy.

2. Marzio and I have just the story we want to share! I’ve also emailed Eden and offered to design the cover! Exciting 🙂

3. Excellent! Somewhere to send whatever comes of my transgressive project. Brilliant. Thank you RG!

Leave a Reply to Leon Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

3 × 1 =

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.