12 comments for “The Travails of Dr. Linh: Neglected Gardens

1. Raz
    December 24, 2016 at 10:50 pm

Excellent short, RG! I immediately like Dr. Linh and hope we get to see more of her. I’m always taken by how few words it takes you to create a deep sense of place sensory and sensual.

• Deliriumtree
      December 25, 2016 at 1:04 am

Wait…Dr. Linh was female? I was thinking male. Still, I loved this too. How can you not love anything that involves bats and rats. They’re adorable!

2. December 24, 2016 at 11:11 pm

This sort of storytelling is a favorite of mine—a sort of Aesopian fable with its own metaphor, archetype and closing moral. An experiment? And then this: “cloaking the ancient mango in a coat of living fur.” Just for an instant I thought you might be aiming to write a pour-quoi fable in the sense of explaining where the mango came from (the Ovidian transformation of the demon into an erotic(?) fruit perhaps). I was hoping you might go that direction, but that you didn’t isn’t a criticism.

As it is, it seems on the cusp: a brief ‘demon’ story one might read at “hentai foundary” and an almost self-contained psychological fable. Will be interested to see if you write more of these.

3. TFP
    December 25, 2016 at 1:05 am

As usual you leave the reader with so many questions about the character unanswered. I eagerly await the next part in the series of Dr Lihn. There is more, there must be more…right?

~smiles

4. December 25, 2016 at 3:38 pm

Loved it.

5. Absinthene
    December 30, 2016 at 8:11 am

It is quite a thrill to see you use the pontianak as a character! Looking forward to more adventures from Dr Linh.

6. Leon Taylor
    February 5, 2017 at 12:33 pm

Excellent, as always. Just started $5 per month to ACLU.

7. Lee
    February 11, 2017 at 4:42 pm

Always loved supernatural stories. x

8. Nao
    April 2, 2017 at 8:30 am

Wow! That was just amazing.

9. Ken TD
    July 29, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Just found your work. This the latest and then you vanished?

• August 2, 2017 at 4:10 pm

I haven’t vanished. I’m just not writing erotic fiction at the moment.

10. JaneAnne
    August 7, 2017 at 6:14 am

Have not been back for awhile but was wrestle to the ground by this one. Loved the confidence, the power. Bravo