Pattern Passion

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Pattern Passion”.

30 comments for “Pattern Passion

1. August 4, 2009 at 3:26 pm

I love this story rg. very quirky.

Keziah

2. red
    August 20, 2009 at 5:19 pm

The Solitude of Prime Numbers

3. Keros
    September 12, 2009 at 1:31 pm

Something in this makes me want to read this as the secret love affair of an obsessive-compulsive… But that might just be me reading myself into the story! Still, the repetition and the focus was great… Although the 4:20 at the end broke it up a bit. I suppose, though, if you added four and two, you would get six, which is, indeed, a three.

4. Ashlyn
    August 15, 2010 at 9:29 am

That was brilliant. Never saw anything sensual about numbers, but, my dear, that was just brilliant.

5. KK
    December 15, 2011 at 9:42 am

Completely awesome.

The 4:20 “punchline” was just what it needed.

• Gina
      October 19, 2016 at 2:07 am

Same here. I’d like to know how they finished! My first time reading and I already love it!!

6. Dick Osborne
    May 15, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Random!
    4:20 is so even yet the number 3 is so odd. Finish the story.

• May 15, 2014 at 10:11 pm

I started out answering this comment politely but decided… what the fuck.

I stepped out of the story in a place I felt was appropriate. You don’t like it? That’s perfectly fine. Luckily, a publisher did like it, and published it this way.

But when you demand I ‘finish’ it, what you’re saying is: give this story the ending I want.

And my answer to that is: do it yourself.

• Froggy miss
        April 19, 2017 at 3:01 am

I agree, holy cow you are an amazing writer. Loved the little exchanges.

7. Jemma
    June 2, 2014 at 2:39 am

This makes me giggle because the stations you mention are very close to my house.
    In other words, I’m always a huge fan of your writing and must say they do provide heaps of pleasure to my masturbation sessions. Thank you.

July 4, 2014 at 6:04 pm

i chuckled too lol she will be stuck on threes now for quite some time i think, no one will understand her arousal by number lol

9. Dan McGru
    July 24, 2014 at 1:55 am

I love this. I really thought it was clever and beautifully written. It’s the first of your stories that I have read and I will certainly be checking out a lot more of your stuff. Congrats of such an interesting and well thought out piece of writing. True quality.

10. Debb
    November 7, 2014 at 2:20 pm

3 has always been my favourite number … loved the build up of anticipation!!

11. Redd
    April 4, 2015 at 10:14 am

Enjoyed the story and get the numbers thing

• April 5, 2015 at 8:54 am

🙂 I’m glad you do. I think a lot of people are pretty sensitive to patterns.

12. Seldom
    July 23, 2015 at 7:29 pm

Love the way you have taken something seemingly ordinary like traveling on the train (paging Dr Freud) and turned it into a deliciously erotic adventure. So many questions left: the narrator riding the underground for 2 hours each day a normal commute or hunting for patterns? Was she looking for someone to synchronise her pattern with? Who else might be on the train watching her patterns and fantasising? You’ve just made traveling on public transport fun again.

• July 24, 2015 at 7:35 pm

Hello Seldom,
      I’m so glad you liked the story. And I’m delighted it left you with questions. I always think it’s more enriching to leave a reading with questions than go away with answers (since they are never really useful anyway). I love your notion of who else on the train might be watching HER patterns. That’s recursive and wonderful.

I do love traveling on public transport. It’s a great opportunity for people watching.

13. Aís
    September 6, 2015 at 10:37 am

Kudos.

Quite simply stunning and very unexpected. I thoroughly enjoyed that story, which was the first I have read of yours. A good balance of tension, thought and the familiar put into context.

I will never see the number three in the same light again – it will join six and nine which already have their own associations.

14. Trevor
    January 10, 2016 at 12:27 pm

Magic, loved it!

15. Kama
    February 17, 2016 at 10:59 am

intrigued, hooked, engaged
    grateful
    the one touch is such a powerful event
    that the three, i think, would just dissolve me
    or fuck me into lava

thankyou

16. BL
    February 25, 2016 at 11:50 am

This one amused me but in a good way. I found it endearing and it reminded me of a pattern of events that get myself turned on. It was nice to see such an odd thing be sexual, but it must be the pattern.

17. Dick Hardigin
    June 25, 2016 at 2:43 am

I loved your story. I love all stories about masturbation. Especially from a female perspective.
    Nicely done.

18. Mark
    July 17, 2016 at 3:28 am

Of course all mathematicians know the intellectual allure of numbers, but your story adds an extra sexual dimension ,…..

19. Sandy
    August 28, 2016 at 11:04 pm

Just the thing!!

20. KM
    September 15, 2017 at 12:04 pm

oh my goodness, I really enjoyed this story, just as a story and not even for the erotic component. It was interesting to me to think about someone person watching just for the fun of it. I personally can’t imagine that, because I’m typically afraid of most strangers, but I really enjoyed getting to think about watching people with out being afraid of them.

21. nathan11
    November 2, 2017 at 7:57 am

Enjoyed the story. The idea of a woman with a numerical paraphilia compulsive searching for, and finding, a man under a similar compulsion is erotic in itself. Was thinking his train home should have been 4:12, because four goes into twelve three times, but perhaps they’ve more unfulfilled passion and stamina than that. 😉

22. Haley
    November 3, 2017 at 10:12 am

Not what I expected but definitely a delightful read. I’m not sure why I was so satisfied because I normally look for a completely different type of short stories, always erotic, but I really loved this. Left me to imagine and that’s the best part of reading, especially erotica. Leaves me with my own blanks to fill in with what I like. So, my point is, thank you for sharing. Much appreciated. I look forward to more.

23. Bogues66