The Waiting Room

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “The Waiting Room”.

15 comments for “The Waiting Room

1. Darlene
    December 28, 2015 at 7:20 am

How can I download The Waiting Room? There was no link on your site. Thank you in advance.

• December 29, 2015 at 8:45 am

You email me and I’ll send it to you.

• Lady lacey
        January 27, 2018 at 10:20 pm

I also can’t download this story I looked to try buy it on Amazon too but couldn’t find it. It’s brilliant and made me cry

2. Lorena
    February 5, 2016 at 3:30 am

I’ve read this before and was left in absolute awe. You are incredibley talented. I can’t find the pdf of this again. I’d like to read it. Could you send it?

3. Em
    April 5, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Would love to read the whole thing. Are you able to send it to me too?

4. LY
    April 20, 2016 at 5:10 am

Can I have the link too? Admire your work.

• April 22, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Apparently the link doesn’t work. But I’m happy to email you a copy. PDF or mobi?

5. elise
    May 12, 2016 at 5:02 am

Would you be willing to send me a copy as well, please?

• May 12, 2016 at 9:21 am

No, I’ve stopped doing that because I send the book and that ends the discourse. It feels like being the victim of a rather brutal one night stand.

I prefer discourse with my readers. That’s my idea of fair payment for my efforts. If people can’t be bothered to do that, here’s the buy link on smashwords https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/remittancegirl

• elise
        May 12, 2016 at 8:03 pm

I apologise. I hadn’t thought about it that way (I’m not a writer, so please forgive my lack of perspective on that). Let me ask you then: what type of discourse do you seek? I genuinely don’t know, so I thought I’d ask rather than guess. I could gush about your writing (because I find it intensely captivating and erotic, as well as refreshingly well done), but that seems somehow superficial. I’m happy to purchase the book, and will do so using the link above. But, if you can articulate what you’re looking for, I’m happy to discuss with you as well.

6. elise
    July 1, 2016 at 7:05 am

RG,

I find your work fascinating on a number of levels, but the one that intrigues me the most is that your characters often seem to operate at a juncture where they have a deep-seated need, likely a largely NON-sexual one, that they either do not parse even exists, or if they do, they are unable to articulate. Nonetheless, they are able to tap into and expose this need through/during sexual experiences.

The Waiting Room exemplifies this, and what I liked the most about the story was seeing parts of this process from multiple sides of multiple characters as the story progressed. The crisp conversations between Alex and Marcus put a lot of the underlying emotions in the story into focus for me in a fundamental way. The ending surprised me at first, in part because it seemed quite sudden, and in part because it felt out of character for Sophie. But later I realized it was ideal for Sophie the way they left it. She is self-aware enough to know that something changed in her, but also to recognize that she doesn’t have the foggiest idea where this change will take her. The ending isn’t actually out of character for her – she’s a somewhat different character at that point!

Thank you for your beautiful stories.

7. claudia
    October 30, 2017 at 8:07 pm

Please, are you on Amazon? I mean, is The waiting room there to buy??
    Thanks.

• claudia
      October 30, 2017 at 8:55 pm

It’s Ok. I already bought it 😉
      and also found you on Amazon.
      greetings